Welcome to Sheffield Mind's Website
31st October 2014.
Sheffield Mind is delighted to announce that we have today merged with Community Action Halfway Home ('Halfway'), a well-known local mental health provider.
Both organisations have provided a variety of services to people with mental health needs for over 40 years. The new Sheffield Mind will offer:
- Art therapy and trauma therapy groups
- Support and recovery service (SDS / self-funding clients)
- The online Sheffield Mental Health Guide
- Services for carers
- Recovery cafes
- 'Mind and Body' community-based courses and activities
Both organisations have been in discussion for two years about this merger. We feel that it will create a more financially robust organisation, which is more able to compete and survive in difficult economic times.
In addition, both organisations have well-trained and motivated staff. This merger will create a Sheffield Mind which has expertise and experience in offering the best possible support to people with mental health needs in Sheffield.
Sheffield Mind is a leading provider of mental health and wellbeing services in Sheffield.
- If you are looking for support around mental health click here to learn more about our services.
- Sheffield Mind relies on the support of volunteers; if you are interested in getting involved click here.
- Click here if you are interested in purchasing our services or want to know more about the work we do.