Do you need support with your mental health? Are you struggling to manage your day-to-day life? Would you benefit from regular one-to-one support? The Sheffield Mind Support and Recovery Service (SRS) can offer you flexible support tailored to your social care needs.

The majority of our SRS clients are receiving support from Sheffield Mind as part of the Mental Health Recovery Framework. The Framework ensures that the Council can provide social care to Sheffield residents with mental health difficulties who are assessed as having eligible needs, through contracts with suitable providers, such as Sheffield Mind.

If you are under a Community Mental Health Team or in receipt of a personal budget, you can also access our service privately subject to capacity and providing you have the support of a health/social care professional.

Please note that at present, we are unable to take any referrals outside of the Framework

Our  Support and Recovery Service provides support to help with most aspects of daily life. The support can be tailored to what you need and can include:

  • helping you maintain or regain skills such as budgeting, cooking etc.
  • providing emotional support
  • helping you to develop coping strategies and increase confidence
  • helping you to increase independence and motivation
  • helping you to develop ways to combat anxiety, depression or other mental health issues
  • support with everyday tasks around the home
  • support to get out, perhaps going out to shop or attend activities / classes.
  • support to attend appointments

Our Support and Recovery Workers can meet with you Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm (although some evening and weekend sessions can be agreed as part of your support plan if required). You will have the same Support Worker for each session and they will work with you to achieve the goals outlined in your support plan. You will be assigned a second worker if taken into the service who will cover in the absence of your primary worker. All our workers are fully trained and supervised by Sheffield Mind and all are subject to an enhanced DBS check. 

Sheffield Mind operate a 'key work' service; this means that we can offer telephone contact outside of your one-to-one session if, for example, you need a worker to liaise with your care coordinator or you need to speak to someone in a crisis.

The cost of the service is : £19.45 per hour

Support and Recovery Service - who should I contact?

Rebecca Threlfall – Service Manager Social Care Services (Mon - Wed)
Contact me with enquiries about the Support and Recovery Work provided by Sheffield Mind.

Email:[email protected]

Zoe Berridge – Service Manager Social Care Services (Wed - Fri)
Contact me with enquiries about the Support and Recovery Work provided by Sheffield Mind.

Email:[email protected]  

Tel: 0114 258 4489